Ritter Transportation Panel Calls for More Taxes January 7, 2008Posted by bendegrow in Colorado Governor.
Tags: Gas Tax, Gov. Bill Ritter, Sales Tax, Severance Tax, Transportation Panel, Vehicle Registration Fees
1 comment so far
Another panel commissioned by Gov. Bill Ritter, another set of recommended tax increases:
Governor Bill Ritter’s 32-member blue-ribbon panel is recommending a $100 average increase in vehicle registration fees as part of its $1.5 billion plan to pay for much-needed transportation infrastructure maintenance and improvements.The road funding proposals include:
- Increase vehicle registration fees by $100 on average.
- Raise gas tax by 13 cents a gallon.
- Icrease [sic] the fee on hotel rooms and car rentals to $6 a day.
- Increasing the state sales tax by 0.35 percent.
- Increase severance tax by 1.7 percent.
This is starting to sound like a tired theme. I don’t know about your middle-class family, but all these proposals alone would take a significant chunk out of my household budget. Is this what Coloradans voted for when they elected Ritter to be governor in 2006?
Cross posted at Ritter Watch